WELCOME TO PRINCESS LANES
PITTSBURGH’S PREMIER BOWLING CENTER IN THE SOUTH HILLS AT CASTE VILLAGE
Princess Lanes History
In 1954, when Felix Caste opened his innovative neighborhood shopping center in Whitehall, it included space for his favorite sport of bowling. Village Lanes had 24 duck pin lanes, and local families flocked here to enjoy this fun and affordable recreation. Over the next few decades, Village Lanes grew in size and popularity — adding ten pin bowling, automated equipment, cosmic bowling, music, and pop art décor. The popularity of bowling continued to grow, and, in 1971, a new bowling facility opened at Caste Village. Village Lanes remained open for private parties and retro leagues until 2012, and it when it closed, the equipment was donated to a charity serving adults with developmental disabilities. The Village Lanes space is now home to Project Linus, a charity whose volunteers make blankets and comfort items for children who are sick, hospitalized, or removed from their family.